Summer Camp Internship with Terra Forma Education
The internship with Terra Forma Education (TFE) is designed for those wishing to increase their experience in the field of environmental education. The intern will be immersed in the workings of a cutting edge summer day camp program. Each intern will be involved in every aspect of the program learning valuable skills such as program delivery, developing new activities, designing props and costumes, and coordinating logistics.
There is no typical day at a TFE summer camp. Each day is spent exploring the wild areas of the Puget Sound region. Your role is to support lead instructors as a seemingly spontaneous adventure unfolds before participants' eyes.
Interns will work full time, up to 40 hours, each week including one-on-one mentoring sessions insuring greater understanding of new skills and TFE's unique education methods.
TFE is seeking 2 interns beginning early June through the beginning of September 2006. Other arrangements can be designed based on availability.
- Must be at least a junior in college with an academic background in environmental studies, ecology, or education.
- Good communication, public speaking, and leadership skills required.
- Artistic and creative ability necessary.
- Must have certifications in first aid, CPR and life-saving, or ability to obtain.
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record required.
- Interest, education or experience working with children and/or under-served youth.
- Experience conducting outdoor adventure activities desired - rock climbing, rafting, orienteering, etc.
Applicants must be able to meet certain physical requirements in order to perform the essential functions of this position.
Interested individuals are encouraged to go to contact our director (206-361-2133) for an application or download one here.
For consideration for the position, applicants should send a cover letter, resume and completed application to:
PO Box 394
Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043
Priority application deadline is March 30 for Summer positions. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. All applicants are subject to a routine background check.
© 2010 Terra-Forma Education